A new approach to presenting learning opportunities to FarmLink members under COVID-19 restrictions will see the Money and the Mind workshop now hosted as a webinar series, beginning June 10.
After canvassing those interested in the original workshop, we've landed on 10.30am to 11.30 on Wednesday mornings as the best time to run the webinars. They will be held over June 10, 17, 24 and July 1.
Carmen Quade and Esther Petrie will present the series which will focus on Finance and People Management for Successful Farming Businesses. Carmen partnered with FarmLink last year to run the highly successful Farm Budget Masterclass series in 2019, including a session at the FarmLink Open Day.
Carmen and Esther will guide you through a range of topics in the webinar series including –
• How and why to prepare an annual report for your business
• How to structure finance
• Negotiating interest rate reductions
• Alternatives to bank finance
• Identifying if drought assistance suits your business
• Building great relationships with staff and contractors
• Understanding and diffusing tense meeting situations
• Respond to conflict or tension within your business or family group
• Managing challenging interactions professionally
• How to protect your own mental health and wellbeing during tough times
Individual resgistrations are welcomed, while farm partners are also encouraged to attend, to share the learning and ability to introduce the knowledge into the farm business.
FarmLink gratefully acknowledges the financial support from Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network through the Australian Government’s PHN Program and Empowering Communities program. Rural Financial Counselling Service NSW Southern Region is also supporting the sessions.
If you would like to participate, contact FarmLink’s Lisa Matthews on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0428 789 605. Spaces will be limited, to allow for an interactive webinar experience.
NB - For anyone concerned about joining a webinar, Carmen and Esther will run a tech check on Tuesday, June 9 at 10.30am to make sure you are ready to go for the first session.
We Make It Easy for You
Log In here to access the secure portal of the Farmlink website.